I have to tell you, I can not WAIT for the day that I do not have to write those words. “An Update”. It is the very reason that I barely give updates anymore. Because a part of me hates that we STILL HAVE UPDATES TO GIVE.
For the four of you who still read this (which are probably the same four who read back when I chattered away on xanga), you know that we have been in the adoption process for over 5 years.
We have been in the adoption process longer than Friday Night Lights was on the air.
THAT IS BANANAS.
And also, Friday Night Lights should still be on the air. Tammy and Coach T should live on for infinity.
This post over at my old blogspot page is the first time I ever talked about our adoption, albeit BARELY. That was August, 2010.
So much has changed. So much life has happened.
And yet, Scott and I have felt stuck in a holding pattern all these years. Always planning our Christmases, our trips, our jobs, our lives around the child who would be home “Any day now”.
So, once Abraham FINALLY comes home, be warned…
For what? I don’t know! But, I have been waiting for this little one to be in our arms. Dreaming about this day for years.
I might literally explode.
So, be prepared for an explosion of some sorts.
Now, to the update.
It will be short, but know that I have SO MANY WORDS. But, until he is legally ours, I am keeping the words to myself. So much has happened, I CAN’T EVEN. And, I, of all people, CAN EVEN. So, this is serious talk.
On Monday morning, January 11th, our paperwork is being submitted to MOWA in Ethiopia. It has taken almost a year to get to this place where we can FINALLY request a court date and I would be jumping up and down if it had not been the most emotionally trying season of this adoption process. I am tentative to say the least. I know he is coming home and I know that it is sooner rather than later and I hold that close to my heart.
So, what happens now? We get submitted to MOWA and are given a review date. On this date, MOWA will review our file (dossier, important documents, Abraham’s medical records, etc..) and if they approve all of our paperwork and forms, they will give us a court date. On this court date, we will physically meet with a judge and adopt Abraham officially in Ethiopia.
WE ARE GETTING CLOSE.
PLEASE pray with me that his little heart stays strong and that he does not get sick. He has not been hospitalized for a few months and we are SO GRATEFUL to God for that. We need this kiddo as healthy as can be. We were advised last week that our dossier in Ethiopia was incomplete (our agency was supposed to authenticate the entire dossier package on a state and federal level before shipping it to Ethiopia back in November…while they did get the dossier to Ethiopia, they did not get it authenticated. Our agency closed their doors officially on December 31, so I think in the shuffle of them closing down, they somehow missed this important step). Either way, we are now working with a wonderful liaison and she is working fast to resolve the issue. But, it could still cause some problems if we don’t get those documents back to Ethiopia in time for our scheduled review date. So, please pray for quick responses.
And for now, that is all. We are prepping the apartment, ordering baby clothes online at a rapid speed and trying to remember how many baby gates one needs to keep an infant safe. We are looking up flights to Ethiopia daily and trying to figure out how to snag first class seats when we bring him home (because 30-40 hours traveling with a baby who is just meeting us is going to require big seats for daddy and lots of wine for daddy). We are working on (and worrying about) where Emara will go during that time and trying to keep her in a good routine before we return and change her entire little world. We are hopeful and terrified. We are prepared and feel completely unprepared.
Mostly, we just want him home.
Actually, that is all we want.
And that day is coming very soon!!!