So, what it going to be? Walking? Sprinting? Jogging? Still deciding (like me)?
I thought I would compile a checklist. If you have completed every single item, then you are ready to go. If you have not completed every single item…may the Good Lord have mercy on your sole(s).
- Received your race packet (jumped for joy and kicked off your shoes in a fit of joy whilst opening is a must)
- Read every pamphlet that was written with WAY too many words in said packet (sorry guys, I was excited)
- Raised your $100. kind of the most important piece to this puzzle.
- Picked a shirt from your drawer to iron on our logo for the race. Or purchased new crisp white shirt from Target.
- Tried at least once to complete a 5k…or somewhere close. (This….is also slightly important)
- Picked out your running music.
- Charged your camera.
- Asked a friend to join you or take pictures of you.
- Picked your location.
- Woken up in the middle of the night from the pure excitement of receiving that incredible race packet.
- Checked off your training schedule day by day.
- Begun to regret your decision to not really train for the 5k.
- Tried on your race day outfit.
- Raised your $100. Did I already mention that?
We are just 5 DAYS AWAY.
I LOVE RACES!